It’s almost March, and that means that my monthly resolution is up! I had originally stated that I would read 5 books this month and, surprise surprise, I actually achieved my goal! Here are the 5 books I read:
Unaccustomed Earth, Never Let Me Go, Crime and Punishment, The Hunger Games trilogy (this counts as one since the books weren’t hard to read), and Chasing Shakespeare (which unfortunately turned out to be a waste of time. I’d give it maybe a 2 out of 5).
Hmmm… I guess the list I made in the beginning of the month didn’t actually help me at all, seeing how I only read 2 books out of my suggested list. But on the bright side, I did read 5 books this month!
For March, I think I’m going to amp it up to 6 books to continue widening my literary horizons (cough cough so incredibly cheesy cough cough).
What books am I going to read, you ask? Well, since my list for this month didn’t really help, I’ll just post a tentative list here of the books that I want to read, just so that if I start thinking that I have no more books to read, I can look back at this post and be proven wrong.
- The Europeans by Henry James—this is fairly short, about the same length as his Washington Square, which I loved and read pretty quickly. So it shouldn’t be too hard, unless I lose focus and start getting hooked on embarrassing reality shows (thank GOD The Bachelor is almost over. My Tuesdays were pretty much consumed by The Bachelor).
- The Awakening by Kate Chopin—a book I got from my favorite used bookstore that’s been sitting on my shelf, just waiting for me. I bought it on a whim so I’m really excited to see if it’s good or not.
- A Passage to India by E.M. Forster—I know. I’ve been saying that I will read this for a while now. Hopefully this month I actually do.
- The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
- Captain Corelli’s Mandolin by Louis de Bernières—I was so excited to read this when I first made my literary resolution, but when I went to the bookstore to buy it, I got sidetracked by the other books, and I left without buying it. But this month, I will go to the bookstore without getting sidetracked, and I will read that book because it sounds amazing!
Now that I have my tentative list, let’s see if I can actually accomplish my resolution for March!