Summer is almost here, and instead of applying for a job or internship, I thought I’d try to accomplish a few goals:
1. Submit at least three poems to literary magazines or contests.
Get a tattoo (I’ve been planning this for a while, but now I just need to have the courage to go through with my plan).
3. Learn how to drive on the highway. I have my license, but I’ve never gotten over the fear of driving on the highway
4. Read a different poem every day and figure out which poets I like.
5. And last but certainly not least read:
- East of Eden
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close*
Interpreter of Maladiesand The Namesake
- The Time Traveller’s Wife*
- The Mill on the Floss
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
- Captain Corelli’s Mandolin*
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn*
- Looking for Alaska
Any book by Ursula Le Guin* Love in the Time of Cholera
- Alice Bliss*
- Slaughterhouse Five