1. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. Unaccustomed Earth by Jhumpa Lahiri
3. The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbary
4. Suite Française by Irène Némirovsky
5. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
6. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
7. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
8. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
9. Any Hercule Poirot book by Agatha Christie
10. The Year Everything Changed: 1959 by Fred Kaplan, even though this is a historical book.
I highly recommend all of these books because they are all fantastic in their own way. And the number doesn’t necessarily mean that I prefer one book over another; it’s more just that, right now, I’m more in the mood for one book over the other. Except for The Great Gatsby. That book always comes first.